At World Vision, we're sharing a big dream for children. One that moves beyond just clean water or food or healthcare to offer a full solution to poverty. We want children to have everything they need to thrive, both physically and spiritually, so they can experience the kind of life God intends—life in all its fullness.
We want the same for our staff: big dreams, a career of significance, and fullness of life. Share your skills and experience in software and web development so you can share a full life with children in need.
Scope of Position: Participate as a team member to deliver application and integration software in support of “end to end” solutions. Works on small to large complex projects, and may sometimes work as a project lead. Develop code, designs, and tests in a way that conform to World Vision standards and practice. Demonstrate excellent problem solving, debugging, and trouble shooting skills. Demonstrate skill in multiple technical environments and possesses knowledge of a specific business area. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies.
- Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly chapel services, and regular prayer.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as a member of a team.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
Application Team Support:
- Participate in the project planning process with IT business analysts and team members.
- May develop work plan timelines and manage workflows to meet project time frames.
- Work with Applications Developer Team Lead and Sr. Applications Developer as well as ‘the operations team’ and architects to ensure the practical, smooth, effective application retirement, which may include any data migration, planning of application de-coupling, and staging and phasing of work to ensure smooth, risk-free application retirement.
- Conduct root cause analysis, perform trouble shooting, and develop solutions when and where needed.
- Provide technical coaching and mentoring to less experienced team members.
- Identify technical requirements.
- Create technical design specifications and assist in sizing technical requirements.
- Code applications using a disciplined development process and in accord with the company and team's standard development process (SDLC).
- Integrate solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework.
- Develop, execute, and document test plans.
- Assist in the deployment of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Make modules production ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of applications.
- Participate in review sessions where patterns of development and break/fix metrics are reviewed as part of standard process for optimizing IT development processes.
- Assist in the development of user guides and training documentation for systems.
- May evaluate new application packages and tools and perform research on best practices.
- Provide recommendations for the solutions.
- Participate in defining and refining standards and procedures, and help team to follow them.
- Provide Level 2 and 3 production support.
- Troubleshoot existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops solutions
- Evaluate existing applications and platform and provides recommendations for improving application performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
- Follow team's documentation standards
- Review modules for quality assurance and checks compliance with application standards and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).